This blog has shifted base to http://www.thevigilidiot.com... Wotchu doin here, Homes?

Friday, April 10, 2009

Unintentionally Funny, Must Watch Bollywood Movies: Saawariya



Despite what Sanjay Leela Bhansali might have to say, Saawariya is little more than a faithful adaptation of the Tamil movie 'Iyarkai', which, in turn, is based on 'White Nights' - A short story by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Now, Dostoyevski is one of the great philosophers of the 19th Century.... The founder of 20th Century existentialism... A writer regarded widely as one of the greatest and most influential the world has ever seen. So you might be forgiven for thinking that a movie based on a movie based on an adaptation of one of his works might not be half bad. Well, start seeking forgiveness right now, because this movie is such a diluted piece of storytelling shit, I can actually narrate it in 7 panels.

The Movie Saawariya in 7 Easy Steps







You probably don't know it yet, but if you haven't seen the movie, that's 2 hours of your life I just saved you there.

11 comments:

  1. Vibha 'the bli blah' SrivastavaApril 10, 2009 at 8:15 AM

    OMG!!! the simplicity of it all!

    lol!

    btw, the panels are blue in color.. Im guessing cz of the setting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is the best blog post ideas ever!! And since there are soooo many hindi movies to choose from, your imagination can run super-wild :)

    But each cartoon being in blue is a bit straining on the eyes. I'm gonna wait until you change them before I read this masterpiece..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one, if i had seen your post before watching the movie, i could have saved all the frustration and effort of sitting through it. hehe keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, i haven't seen it. but i still want to - because there's nothing funnier than an unintentionally funny bollywood movie =).

    I like the blue background, by the way..haha - It took me a while to understand why you used it, haha, but that could be me - I've been known to be pretty dense. nice posssttt! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have already seen the movie!!Couldn't you have done this earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe... Apologies for the brash colors... You can probably imagine what sitting through the actual thing is like.. =p

    Have toned it down now.. Enjoy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i should have guessed why you used that shade of blue early on..count me in as being dense too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay... I seriously didn't get it. Are there two different guys or is the dude constantly changing his hair do and body armour? And why does he moon the audience? This is a really complex movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehehe, 2 guys.. One is supposed to be Ranbir Kapoor, with the cap, and one is Salman Khan, hence the thick lines for his body... =p

    Why Ranbir Kapoor moons the audience... Your guess is as good as mine man.. The scene just shows up randomly in the movie... Much like every other scene in it, really.. =D

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha.. brilliant!! I had watched the first twenty minutes of the movie and decided not to take the risk.. :) Am glad I came across your blog.. you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was awesome. I am really glad that I found this blog. I love the way you look at the movie. And I am glad that I watched Sawariya through your comic and not in theater. ;)

    RJ

    ReplyDelete