This blog has shifted base to http://www.thevigilidiot.com... Wotchu doin here, Homes?

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unintentionally Funny, Must Watch Bollywood Movies: Junoon

It has been brought to my attention that recent posts may not have lived upto certain standards people've been used to. And even though no one outside of my Facebook Friends List reads this, I'd still like to think that that's enough people worth improving for. Hence, this slight overhaul to the 'Unintentionally Funny Movies' series, vis a vis One Movie per post (Was that the correct usage?) , with minimum action descriptions! I mean, there's only so much Ghaat I can explain in words, right? How do we go about it then? You shall find out soon enough.

In this edition, we'll be dealing with the 1992 Mahesh Bhatt masterclass, Junoon.

Junoon tells the poignant tale of a love triangle between a man, a woman and a weretiger. Since I said that I'd refrain from the heady descriptions, I innovated a little. That's right! Presenting 'Junoon - The Graphic Novel!' 




























Uh, I may have taken a few creative liberties with the end there, but that's really the way it should've gone. And about my "awesome" graphics, this is still way better than the effects they generated in the actual movie... Which isn't saying much, but still. I'm pretty sure you'll get confused as to which character is which in some of the panels, but don't worry! You're still probably way better off on the confusion scale than some of the people who've actually seen this movie.

Tomorrow, or day after if I don't feel like it today, The 'Kidnap' Comic Strip and why there's enough silicon in that movie to give The Valley a run for its money.

8 comments:

  1. Tuts! u crack me up man! dnt mind if i link this to a couple of my friends... PS: I believe u already have fans among my sister's friends.. one who actually added u as her friend!!

    Oh and yeh, this way is better... can take in more HIGH-larity per movie this way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude the weretiger has quite the johnson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... That was supposed to be his tail... So much for comprehensible drawings.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I lowed the "I lowe you". =))

    ReplyDelete
  5. dont hate on junoon, man.
    i love it.
    its a classic in the true bollywood sense of the word.
    read all your posts - hilarious!

    anirudh k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really smart blog. I imply it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so good deal passion. You also know ideal make ladies rally behind it, obviously from the responses. Youve obtained a style here thats not too flashy, but makes a statement as big as what youre saying. Excellent work, indeed. ดูหนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete